Baked Salmon Teriyaki with Japanese VegetablesRecipe Credit
(Japanese, lite, salmon, snow peas, carrots )
Yield: 2 - 3 servings
1 lb salmon fillets, in serving-size pieces
4 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp mirin (Japanese condiment, a type of rice wine)
2 Tbsp sugar
½ C bean sprouts
½ C snow peas, ends trimmed
¼ C carrots, thin sliced in 2" lengths
1 Tbsp saki
- Heat oven to 375°. Check the salmon for pin bones, rinse in cold water and pat dry. Place in shallow dish and set aside.
- Combine soy sauce mirin, and sugar in a small pot and over medium heat reduce by half. Cool.
- When cool, coat the flesh side of the slamon with some of the sauce and let marinate 20 min.
- Bring a large pot of water, lightly salted, to a rolling boil. Add beansprouts and cook 1 min. Add snow peas and cook 1 min. Add carrots and cook one more min. Drain vegetables and keep warm.
- Baste salmon lightly, place on parchment paper covered cooking sheet and place in oven. While fish is cooking carefully heat remaining marinade until syrupy. After salmon has baked 6 min., glaze the fish with the sauce. Cook until just done 10 to 12 min. Divide the vegetables among 4 plates and place a piece of hot salmon on top.