New Orleans Style JambalayaEmeril Lagassi
(sausage, chicken, chicken stock, peppers, rice, Cajun / Creole )
Yield: 4 servings
8 links Emeril'sTM Kicked Up Smoked Sausage,
cut into ¼-in thick rounds
¼ cup vegetable oil
2 lb chicken cut into 1-in cubes
½ tsp cayenne pepper
2 Tbsp Emeril's Original Essence
3 C chopped onions
1 C chopped green bell peppers
2 Tbsp garlic
3 C uncooked long-grain white rice
5 C low-sodium chicken stock
1 bay leaf
1 C chopped green onions
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Cook sausage 5 minutes and remove from pan.
- Add chicken, cayenne pepper and 1 Tbsp Essence to pan and cook 5 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Add onions, bell peppers, remaining Essence and garlic to pan and cook 8-10 minutes until vegetables are softened. Add rice and cook, stirring 3-5 minutes.
- Return sausage and chicken to pan. Add stock and bay leaf. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook 25 minutes; remove from heat.
- Let stand, covered 10 minutes. Remove bay leaf and stir in green onions to serve.