Sausage & Pasta BakePat Tyler (inspired by Kraft Kitchens)
(pasta, sausage, zucchini, cheese)
Yield: 6 (1⅓ cup) servings
Prep Time: 25 min
Cook Time: 20 min
1½ C penne pasta, uncooked
1 lb Italian sausage
3 C halved zucchini slices
1 red pepper, chopped
1 4-oz can diced green chilis
1 4-oz can sliced ripe olives
1 C Classico Traditional Pizza Sauce (optional: use
spaghetti sauce with added garlic, oregano, and olive oil)
1 C shredded cheddar
¼ C grated Parmesan cheese
Optional: add 1 can of diced tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook pasta as directed on package, omitting salt.
- Crumble sausage into deep skillet; cook on med-high heat until evenly browned, stirring occasionally. Drain; return sausage to skillet. (For link sausage: oven-roast, drain, or slice and cook in the skillet)
- Stir in vegetables and pizza sauce; cook 5-6 min or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta. Add to sausage mixture along with the cheese cubes. Mix lightly. Spoon into 13" X 9" baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake 15-20 min or until heated through.