Sautéed Scallops with Lemon, Parsley and PecansStar-Telegram
(scallops, lemons, parsley, pecans)
Yield: 4 servings
½ C pecans
½ C packed flat-leaved parsley
2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
Zest of 1 lemon
⅛ tsp salt plus more for scallops
1½ lb bay scallops
flour for dredging
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp lemon juice
- In food processor, combine pecans, parsley, garlic, lemon zest, and ⅛ tsp salt. Process briefly until mixture is a chunky puree. Set aside.
- Rinse scallops and pat dry. Lightly season with salt. Roll scallops in flour, then toss in colander to shake off excess flour.
- Heat oil in large skillet over high heat. When hot but not smoking, add scallops and saute quickly, tossing frequently until golden and nearly cooked through, about 4 to 5 min.
- Reduce heat to low. Add pecan mixture and cook 2 min.
- Remove to serving plate and sprinkle with lemon juice.