Cajun Shrimp SoupPat Tyler
(Cajun, shrimp, soup )
Yield: 4 servings
1 TBSP olive oil (EVOO)
½ C chopped bell pepper
¼ C chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
3 C tomato juice
1 8-oz can clams with broth
½ C water
½ tsp dried basil
½ tsp salt
½ C uncooked brown rice
12 oz shrimp, peeled and deveined
hot pepper sauce to taste (Cholula Chili Lime is good.)>
- Sauté onion, bell pepper, and garlic in EVOO in large sauce pan until tender.
- Stir in tomato juice, water, and clam juice, add seasonings. Bring to boil, and stir in rice. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until rice is tender.
- Stir in shrimp, cook until shrimp is opaque, about 5 min. Season with hot sauce to taste.
- This is a great recipe to use left-over fish.
- Add ½ tsp dried oregano.
- Add thinly sliced celery.
- Add sliced okra for a gumbo-like texture.
- Add other diced fish. If left-over, remove any breading on the fish.