Crispy Breaded ShrimpLars Leicht, Central Market
(Central Market, shrimp )
Yield: 4 servings
2 lb jumbo shrimp, (tails left on)
Salt and pepper
2 cloves garlic, crushed
6 TBSP olive oil (EVOO)
2 C home-made breadcrumbs, coarse (not chunky)
2 tsp chopped thyme
4 Tbsp Italian parsley, finely chopped
4 Tbsp grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- Preheat oven to 475°.
- Peel the shrimp leaving tails on.
- Slice the shrimp almost through so that they can sit with tail curving up.
- In a bowl, mix together salt, pepper garlic, and EVOO. Add shrimp and let sit for about 30 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from marinade.
- Mix the breadcrumbs in with 4 Tbsp of the marinade along with the thyme, parsley, and parmigiano. Roll the shrimp in the breadcrumb mixture being sure to coat the whole shrimp well.
- Place shrimp on an oiled baking dish, split side down and open side and tail up.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until golden brown and crunchy.
- Serve immediately.