Lemony Shrimp over Brown Rice
|15 min.||20 min.||4|
1 C brown rice, prepared according to package directions
3 Tbsp butter (unsalted)
3 Tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ C white wine
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1½ lb medium shrimp (21 to 25), peeled, deveined,
¼ C chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
½ tsp cornstarch
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cook the rice according to package directions. Keep warm while preparing the shrimp.
- Melt the butter with the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook the garlic in the butter and oil until fragrant, 1 - 2 min.
- Pour in the wine, zest and lemon juice; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer.
- Stir in the shrimp and cook until the shrimp turns pink, stirring regularly, 5 - 7 min.
- Sprinkle parsley over the shrimp and cook another 2 min.
- Add the cornstarch to the liquid and stir until it thickens, about 1 minute more.
- Serve hot over the brown rice.