Fideos with Shrimp & Cacique Queso Frescoby Aarón Sanchez, Caciqueinc.com
(Mexican, main dish, pasta, shrimp)
Yield: 4 servings
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, diced
1 lb fideos (or vermicelli or other thin spaghetti,
broken into 2-inch pieces)
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
1½ tsp ground cumin
1 28-oz can diced tomatoes in juice
6 C chicken broth
1½ lb small shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 10-oz pkg Cacique® Quest Fresco Ranchero
Fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a large stewpot over medium heat, add the olive oil and the onions and cook until softened and slightly golden, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in the fideos or spaghetti pieces and the cumin. Cook, stirring, until the pasta is golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the tomatoes and chicken broth and bring to a boil. Season with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, stirring, until the pasta is tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed, about 10 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and stir to distribute. Cover and cook for 3 to 4 more minutes until the shrimp are pink and opaque.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Spoon the fideos onto a serving platter and sprinkle with the Cacique® Queso Fresco and chopped fresh cilantro.