Taco SoupDelorise Fyke
(soup, beef, beans, hominy, Timber Cove)
Yield: About 5 quarts
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|15 min.||45 min.||60 min.||16|
2 lb ground beef, crumbled and browned
1 packet ranch dressing mix powder
1 packet taco seasoning mix powder
2 C water
2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
1 (16 oz) can kidney beans, undrained
1 (16 oz) can pinto beans, undrained
1 (28 oz) can hominy, undrained
- Spread cooking oil in skillet to prevent sticking. Shred ground beef into hot skillet, season with ranch dressing and taco seasoning mixes and salt and pepper. Brown the seasoned ground beef.
- Transfer the beef and all cooking liquids to large soup pot or Dutch oven. If necessary, deglaze the skillet with the water and add that to the beef mixture.
- Open the canned vegetables and add them with the juices in the cans to the soup pot.
- Mix well and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook about 45 min to reduce a little and saturate with the flavors.
- Ladel into soup bowls and garnish with tortilla chips, sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese.
Note: Recipe yields a little more than a gallon of soup that is best enjoyed with plenty of Fritos Corn Chips.