Cream of Chicken SoupCultured Palate
(soup, chicken broth or stock)Perfect home made substitute for canned soup in casseroles.
Yield: 2 Cups
1 onion, chopped
1 C chicken broth
1 C milk
¼ C flour or other starch thickener
2 Tbsp butter
1 tsp parsley
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
- Saute the onions in butter until translucent. and bring to a boil
- Add the broth, parlsey, salt and pepper
- Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth.
- Return to heat and keep the broth mixture simmering.
- Whisk the milk and flour together in a mixing bowl.
- Pour the milk and flour mixture into the simmering broth whisking as you pour.
- Continue to cook over medium-high heat until thickened — about 10 minutes or longer depending on the quantity of soup being made.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Use as desired — Store in the refrigerator. It freezes well.