Seared Spinach with Garlic and LemonCentral Market
(Central Market, spinach)
Yield: 4 servings
1 ½ lb baby spinach leaves
2 Tbsp EVOO (olive oil)
2 Tbsp chopped garlic
2 tsp kosher salt
¾ freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp unsalted butter
- Rinse the spinach well in cold water to make sure it's very clean. Spin dry leaving just a little water clinging to the leaves.
- In a very large pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil and saute the garlic over medium heat for about 1 min, but not until browned.
- Add all the spinach, the salt, and pepper to the pot, toss it with the garlic and oil, cover, and cook for 2 min. Uncover, turn heat to high and cook for another minute, stirring with a wooden spoon, until all spinach is wilted.
- Using a slotted spoon, lift spinach to a serving bowel and top with butter, squeeze of lemon and a sprinkling of sea or kosher salt.
- Serve hot. ( Serve immediately.)