Tomato Vegetable Casseroleby Giada De Laurentiis
(Casserole, Potluck, tomato, potato white and sweet, onion, pepper, carrots, zucchini)
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 40 min
1 medium potato, peeled and cut into ½-inch pieces
1 medium yam, peeled and cut into ½-inch pieces
1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into ½-inch pieces
2 carrots, peeled and cut into ½-inch pieces
5 Tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, thinly sliced into rings
2 small or 1 large zucchini, cut crosswise into ¼-inch slices
Salt and pepper
2 large ripe tomatoes, cut crosswise into ¼-inch slices
½ C grated Parmesan
2 Tbsp dried Italian-style bread crumbs
Fresh basil sprigs, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss the potato, yam, bell pepper, carrots, and 2 Tbsp of olive oil in a 13" X 9" by 2" baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss until coated. Spread vegetables evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- Arrange onion slices evenly over the vegetable mixture. Arrange the zucchini over the onion. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp of oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Arrange tomato slices over the zucchini.
- Stir the Parmesan and bread crumbs in a small bowl to blend. Sprinkle the Parmesan bread crumbs over the vegetables in the baking dish. Drizzle with the last tablespoon of olive oil.
- Bake uncovered until vegetables are tender, and topping is golden brown, about 40 minutes.
- Garnish with frest basin sprigs, if desired.