Breakfast BurritosRecipe Credit
(breakfast, southwestern, eggs, cheese, sausage)
Yield: 4 servings (for hungry teenage boys)
8-10 flour tortillas
8 beaten eggs
1 ½ cups grated cheddar cheese
4-6 breakfast sausage patties cooked and chopped
optional: any preferred breakfast meat
½ chopped green pepper (capsicum)-optional
¼ chopped small onion (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
Toppings: as desired
Shredded cilantro leaves
- Cook and chop breakfast meat.
- Spray pan with cooking spray and add onion and green pepper until slightly softened.
- Add breakfast meat to pan with onion and pepper.
- Add beaten eggs to pan and cook until scrambled.
- Gather the toppings you plan to use.
- Assemble Breakfast Burrito: Heat up tortilla in microwave for 10 seconds to make more pliable and easier to wrap.
- Put a few tablespoons of cooked egg-sausage mixture on one end of the tortilla wrap.
- Add some salsa and your favorite toppings.
- Wrap the burrito like a baby in a blanket.