Tuna A La KingPat Tyler
(Comfort Food, tuna, cream, celery, mushrooms, onion, peas )
Yield: 6 servings
7-oz canned tuna
3 Tbsp olive oil (EVOO)
1 C chopped celery
½ C chopped onion
¾ tsp salt & dash of pepper
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1 C milk
1½ C cream of mushroom soup
1 egg beaten
1 cup frozen peas (drained if cooked)
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp lemon juice
1/8 tsp thyme
3 Tbsp water chestnuts, chopped
starchy base: choose toast points, chow mein noodles, noodles, or rice
- Sauté onion and celery in EVOO in large sauce pan until tender.
- Blend in flour, salt and pepper.
- Mix milk, beaten egg and soup, and add to the first mixture. Add peas if uncooked. Cook over low heat usind whisk until sauce is thick and smooth.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, and thyme.
- Add tuna (and peas if cooked).
- Heat and serve over starchy base of your choice.