Turkey & Wild Rice CasseroleHouse and Garden
(casserole, turkey, ham, mushrooms, brown rice, )
Yield: 4 - 6 servings
2 medium onions, chopped
Olive Oil (EVOO)
½ lb mushrooms, sliced
2 C turkey, diced
½ C ham, diced
1 C left-over dressing, crumbled
2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
pinch of Thyme
Salt & freshly ground pepper
1 Tbsp curry powder
1 C brown & wild rice, uncooked
2 C hot turkey or chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Sauté onions in EVOO until tender. Add mushrooms, and sauté for 2 min.
- Combine onions and mushrooms in casserole dish with turkey, ham, dressing, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Add an additional tablespoon of oil and the curry powder to the skillet and lightly sauté the rice. Add to the casserole and pour in the hot broth.
- Place in preheated 375° oven.
- Bake until rice is tender and liquid absorbed about 45 min.
- Add more headed broth if necessary to finish cooking the rice.