Turkey Enchilada CasseroleSunset Magazine
(Mexican, casserole, turkey, tortillas, cheese )
Yield: 8-10 servings
249 Calories (20% from fat)
1½ lb ground turkey breast
½ C onion, chopped
1 Tbsp garlic, minced
1 Tbsp dried oregano
½ tsp ground cumin
1 tsp olive oil (EVOO)
3½ C Easy Enchilada Sauce
12 corn tortillas
2 C jack cheese, shredded reduced-fat (8-0z)
chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Heat large skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add turkey, onion; garlic, oregano, and cumin. sauté over high heat until turkey is crumbly and no longer pink, about 4 min. Add salt to taste.
- Meanwhile, cut tortillas in half. Arrange ¼ of the halves evenly over the bottom oa a shallow 3-qt casserole, overlapping to fit.
- Sprinkle ¼ of the cheese evenly over the tortillas, then top with 1/3 of the turkey mixture and ¼ of the remaining enchilada sauce, spreading each level.
- Repeat to make two more layers of tortillas, cheese, turkey mixture, and sauce; top with another lawer of tortillas and sauce, then cheese.
- Bake in a regular or convection oven at 425° until cheese is melted and casserole is hot in the center, 18 - 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped cilantro.