Brussels Sprouts with Butternut Squash and Pomegranate SeedsRee Drummond
( vegetables, brussels sprouts, butternut squash )
Yield: 5 - 6 servings
½ butternut squash (1 lb)
1 lb Brussels sprouts (2 cups)
2 red onions
½ C EVOO
Kosher salt and ground pepper
2 tsp chili powder
¼ C pomegranate molasses
½ C pomegranate seeds or substitute
dried cranberries (hydrated in pomegranate juice)
- Ahead of time: If using cranberries, soak them in pomgranate juice then use the excess juice in the molasses.
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Lop top and bottom of squash with knife. Slice skin off, then cut the squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Chop into small pieces. Arrange on a baking sheet.
- Trim the Burssels sprouts, then cut them in half if desired (you can leave them whole). Arrange on the baking sheet with the squash.
- Break the quartered onions apart and add them to the baking sheets.
- Drizzle the vegetables with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with the chili powder and toss. Roast 30 to 35 minutes, or until browned.
- Take the vegetables out of the oven and tip into a serving dish. Drizzle with the pomegranate molasses and sprinkle on the cranberries.
- Toss and serve immediately.