Tomato Vegetable CasseroleGiada De Laurentiis, Food Network
(Italian, casserole, potato, sweet potato, onion, pepper, carrots, squash, bread crumbs )
Yield: 6 servings
1 med potato, ½" pieces
1 med yam, ½ pieces
1 red bell pepper, ½ pieces
2 carrots, ½ pieces
5 Tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, thinly sliced into rings
2 small zucchini, ¼" slices
Salt and Pepper
2 large ripe tomatoes, ¼" slices
½ C grated Parmesan
2 Tbsp dried Italian-style bread crumbs
Fresh basil sprigs, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Clean, peel and seed all vegetables except the tomatoes and zucchini before crosscut slicing.
- Toss potato, yam, bell pepper, carrots, and 2 Tbsp olive oil in 13X9X2-inch baking dish to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss until coated. Spread vegetables evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- Arrange the onion slices evenly over the vegetable mixture. Arrange the zucchini over the onion. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Arrange the tomato slices over the zucchini.
- Stir the Parmesan and bread crumbs in a small bowl to blend. Sprinkle the Parmesan bread crumbs over the vegetables in the baking dish. Drizzle with the last tablespoon of olive oil.
- Bake uncovered until vegetables are tender, and topping is golden brown, about 40 minutes.
- Garnish with frest basin sprigs, if desired.